Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Running cabling inside my walls?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 04:45 PM
TheN00bBuilder
Not New to Overclock.net

Rep: 79 (Unique: 72)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razroid View Post

I have thought of that before and I already have 30m worth of cat 6 for that idea, but it would look ugly and how would I run it into the room and still have the door be close-able :/

I'm thinking of running a new line to replace the existing phone cabling, problem is I have no idea how to identify the cable that runs from my living room to my room and how I would feed the cable from the living room to my room without it being stuck halfway :/

Hrm... Don't think there is a way to tell. If all the lines are not interconnected (which they probably are), you could plug in a corded phone to one and another to the one in your room? IDK. And also, my door's closable even with the 50 ft. of CAT5E i have to run to avoid using wireless.

Best of OCN (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by incurablegeek go_quote.gif

Nah, TheN00bBuilder, no need for you to be jealous of my slow-speed internet. My striking good looks and rock-hard abs - well, that's a whole 'nother story. thumbsupsmiley.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn go_quote.gif

Pros: no more quartet of 40mm fans playing "Jet Engine in 12V Minor."
Quote:
Originally Posted by crust_cheese go_quote.gif

I run a UNIX. This means that I get girls about as often as my PC crashes. mad.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnake2 go_quote.gif

Uhmmm, you dont pay for girlfriends. You pay for hookers.
Clubs (Click to show)

The OCN Jazz Club!

jealoussmiley.gifJealous Much Of My Mobo?jealoussmiley.gif

Proud Member of the [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club! headphone.gif