Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - My new DDR2 4x4GB wont work

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 09:36 AM
cookieboyeli
InstantAli3n

Rep: 150 (Unique: 110)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCooler View Post

Pioneerisloud, My DRAM Timing is set on 6-6-6-18-24 T2. Should I put the 24 on auto?
Most of the time people just mention the primary timings and the command rate but forget about tRC aka Row Cycle Time. So he meant keep it at 24. smile.gif

At this point I think you should try to use higher voltages and also increase the timings. If it still doesn't work... then it's time to return and get something else. The density may simply be too high depending on what is under those heat spreaders...

See here, there ware multiple ways to fit the same amount of GB on one stick of ram. http://www.ebay.com/gds/MythBUSTED-Density-FACTS-Low-Density-vs-High-Density-/10000000003939852/g.html

Lower density tends to be more expensive. I think your CPU can't handle the RAM you have, plain and simple. frown.gif If it can't boot into windows using the JEDEC timings for 800MHz while running at <667MHz and using extra voltage then there's no way you're going to get this to work stable without increasing the timings soooo miuch that it has a significant effect on performance...

I know that's not the answer you want to hear, but beyond trying to tune the timings more I font think there is anything else you can do.