Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official] NVIDIA GTX 1080 Owner's Club

View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 04:45 PM
c0nsistent
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurv View Post

I have two systems. Both will be running 4 way. I'm not to worried about "support" for SLI from NVidia. It isn't like that supported that much in the past (and in the end they normally do if the engine supports it) - also the "limits" to SLI have been focused on dx12 games (which 0 have sli support now anyway).

I'm really looking forward a 4k gysnc 32" monitors with 1.4 DP. (hopefully oled too). My second system is connected to a 4k OLED 65" with HDR.

I'll play around with firemark ranking too. For a bit with the 980s i was #1. My titan build was in the top 5 for a long time.
http://www.3dmark.com/hall-of-fame-2/fire+strike+3dmark+score+ultra+preset/version+1.1 (seems i'm still #10.. but i think that will only be there for the next few days)

I ordered 5 Titan's at launch as well, but reality set in when I tried to play my favorite games in Quad SLI. First I switched to Tri-SLI and had SOME success, as far as good scaling in about 50% of the games I played, then I switched to 2 cards, and for the most part the FPS I attained was within 10% or so, so I stayed there.

Even for 4K, I think 2 1080's would suffice. Why not wait until the 1080 Ti or Titan (?) comes out?