Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! BIOS Flash To AMP! Extreme Edition

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2016, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter
Insan1tyOne
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 137 (Unique: 110)
Hello Everyone,

I just recently purchased a Zotac GTX 1080 AMP card for $580 and after doing a bit of research it would seem to me that there is absolutely zero difference between the PCB used for the "Amp!" cards and the PCB used for the "Amp! Extreme" cards. Thus, I have decided that when I receive my new card, that I will be attempting to flash it over to the Extreme BIOS (using NVflash) so that I can grab the higher power target and increased stock / boost clocks.

Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! PCB: (BIOS FILE HERE - TPU)

cooler3.jpg

Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme PCB: (BIOS FILE HERE - TPU)

I figured I would create this post ahead of time to see if any other users have attempted this, and / or if anyone would advise against doing this for any reason, as I definitely would not want to brick this brand new card. If all goes well, I am planning on turning this thread into a "how-to" guide so that other owners of the plain "AMP!" card can switch over to the Extreme version.

Edit: If any current owners of the plain "AMP!" edition would like to attempt this before I receive my card this coming week, please feel free to do so and report back on your findings!

Thanks!

- Insan1tyOne thumb.gif