Originally Posted by Reefer
Yeah it is the normal Amp edition... While running Firestrike and Time Spy @ 2050 (+232) GPU and @ 5500(+500) Mem. The temps are not going over 73°C.
Will try the Bios tomorrow. Mine just arrived today aswell... so first wanted to test a bit ...
Keep you posted....
Well those clocks are higher than the stock clocks of the Extreme Edition BIOS (1911 Mhz Boost / 1351 Mhz Mem) so that is good to hear that the normal AMP!'s smaller air cooler can handle the extra heat output. I will be very curious to see how your testing with flashing the Extreme Edition BIOS goes. My cards arrival was delayed to tomorrow so I will have to wait until then as well!
Originally Posted by TK421
going to flash that higher rated amp extreme in my amp (liquid metal thermal paste + 2x furious vardar 3k rpm) - any safety precautions I should take @Insan1tyOne
stock fan for this card is very bad
You are using the "Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!" card with the aftermarket dual-fan cooler correct? If so, the temperatures shouldn't be that bad. Just make sure that your temps do not exceed 85C or your card will throttle. As for any tips, I have not complete this process myself yet but I will try and offer some basic guidelines.
- Do not, under ANY circumstances, attempt to flash this BIOS to any card(s) OTHER than the Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! and AMP! Extreme cards.
- The BIOS you will want to flash can be located here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/185008/zotac-gtx1080-8192-160616 Again, do not attempt to flash any other BIOS file than this one.
- Make sure you are using the very latest version of NVflash which can be found here: https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2786/nvflash-5-319-0-for-windows
- Then follow this NVflash guide to complete your flash: https://www.overclock.net/t/1523391/easy-nvflash-guide-with-pictures-for-gtx-970-980 (NOTE: With the newest version of NVflash you no longer have to manually enable / disable your GPU in device manager.)
- Post before and after temperatures / benchmarks / findings / etc. in this thread after you successfully complete your flash. (Or report back if it doesn't work and why.)
Good luck to everyone attempting this! Just remember to be safe and to be very sure that the flash completed successfully or your card could possibly become bricked (unusable).