Originally Posted by Insan1tyOne
Well those clocks are higher than the stock clocks of the Extreme Edition BIOS (1911 Mhz Boost / 1351 Mhz Mem) so that is good to hear that the normal AMP!'s smaller air cooler can handle the extra heat output. I will be very curious to see how your testing with flashing the Extreme Edition BIOS goes. My cards arrival was delayed to tomorrow so I will have to wait until then as well!
You are using the "Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!" card with the aftermarket dual-fan cooler correct? If so, the temperatures shouldn't be that bad. Just make sure that your temps do not exceed 85C or your card will throttle. As for any tips, I have not complete this process myself yet but I will try and offer some basic guidelines.
- Do not, under ANY circumstances, attempt to flash this BIOS to any card(s) OTHER than the Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! and AMP! Extreme cards.
- The BIOS you will want to flash can be located here: https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/185008/zotac-gtx1080-8192-160616 Again, do not attempt to flash any other BIOS file than this one.
- Make sure you are using the very latest version of NVflash which can be found here: https://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2786/nvflash-5-319-0-for-windows
- Then follow this NVflash guide to complete your flash: https://www.overclock.net/t/1523391/easy-nvflash-guide-with-pictures-for-gtx-970-980 (NOTE: With the newest version of NVflash you no longer have to manually enable / disable your GPU in device manager.)
- Post before and after temperatures / benchmarks / findings / etc. in this thread after you successfully complete your flash. (Or report back if it doesn't work and why.)
Good luck to everyone attempting this! Just remember to be safe and to be very sure that the flash completed successfully or your card could possibly become bricked (unusable).
nvflash -6 *rom name*
when you do that command it says that the video bios is not identical and the update process has been aborted
I try both of the 1080 amp extreme bios, no difference, same error
with the 1080 amp modded fans + liquid metal paste I am not exceeding 65c even in games that pull 260w, like warframe 4k all high setting
with the 1080 amp dual-fan shroud I was having thermal problem where it went to 70c
I would like to keep my card as close to 49c because pascal gpu downclocks -13mhz everytime it passes 50c (5c increments afterwards)