Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Build Log] The Big Red "Devastator" CaseLabs THW10 - Custom Powder Coating

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter
Barefooter
WaterCooler & Overclocker

Rep: 112 (Unique: 95)
Final Pictures – Top 50 Outside Daytime Shots

Due to the large amount of pictures I have to share with you here, I am going to break down the final pictures into two posts. This first post is all outside shots taken under both sunny skies, and overcast skies.

Some of these pictures were taken shortly after filling and purging the system with the Aqua Computer DP Ultra Red coolant, and there are still air bubbles inside the reservoirs. The pictures without any air bubbles in the reservoirs were taken several weeks later.

Keep in mind that I’m just an amateur photographer. I don’t have any fancy lighting equipment or backgrounds. I have an entry level Nikon D3300 DSLR camera. I used the 18-55mm lens that came with it for the indoor nighttime shots, and the only extra lens I have purchased, an AF-S Nikkor 35mm F/1.8G that I used for the outside daytime shots.

Most of the pictures I have posted throughout this build log have had little to no editing done to them. I just take a lot of shots and then show the best ones. All of these final pictures have been cropped, and edited to the best of my abilities, so I hope you enjoy them!

I feel like there should be a drum roll or a band playing :band:

Let’s get started by looking at the build without any of the outer panels on, and out in the bright morning sunlight.

This is with the front panel installed.

Now the top panel is installed.

With the doors on it is extremely hard to get good photos due to the tempered glass windows reflecting like a mirror. This first shot I actually tried to get the reflection, you can see the trees, blues skies, and clouds behind me.

This is my ghetto setup to keep the reflections from the tempered glass windows down to a minimum. A black table cloth clamped to a five foot ladder and my tripod. I moved this around in front of wherever the reflection came from, and it actually worked fairly well.

All the motherboard lights are set to red, and the two RGB strip headers are set to white for the video card waterblocks, and the Intel 900P waterblock. The RAM is also set to be all white here.

This is the same lighting scheme except with the RAM changed to all red.

Love the “Devastator” logo lit up on the Aquaero display!

Now for the back side

Here’s a few more shots with the door off on the main side.

This is under overcast skies and normally I would not be able to shoot from this direction because the sun is off to my left front at this time of day. My rose garden provides a nice background… another one of my time consuming hobbies!

Final Pictures – Top 50 Nighttime Shots

The rest of these pictures are taken in the dark with various different lighting effects. The Aquasuite software and the Farbwerk controls the four RGB strips that serve as case lighting. Mostly these case lighting strips are just set to all white, there are a few shots here with the case lights turned off, or set to red.

The Asus Aura software controls the lighting of the motherboard, the RAM sticks, and the two RGB strip headers. One of the RGB strip headers controls the strips in both video cards, and the second RGB header controls the strip in the Intel 900P water block.

To start with I have the Aura software set so that everything, motherboard, RAM and RGB strips are all red.

This is with the case lighting off. Now you are just seeing the motherboard, RAM, RGB strips in the waterblocks, and the always white LEDs in the reservoir, the CPU waterblock, and the two hard drive waterblocks.

This is the back side with the case lighting off. Pretty dark here, just the white LEDs in the reservoir, and pump top can be seen.

Now the case lighting is turned to red. It’s just all washed out in red, so I won’t ever be using this particular lighting scheme.

Here’s the back side with the case lighting all white again.

Various close-ups

One thing I really like about having the RGB strips in the waterblocks set to white is that it shows the red coolant inside the waterblocks.

The reflection off of the chrome plated backplates is like a mirror :thumb:

This is one of my two favorite lighting schemes. Case lighting all white, then in the Asus Aura software I left the motherboard and RAM all set to red, and just turned the two RGB strips to white.

I’ll bet some of you thought I might not ever finish this project. It did take a long time, but I must say that this is one of the most fun projects I’ve ever done in my life, and I thoroughly enjoyed the process!

Barefooter

Last edited by Barefooter; 06-23-2019 at 12:21 PM.