Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Phanteks Enthoo elite Discussion

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 11:22 AM
uk80glue
Unregistered User

Rep: 14 (Unique: 13)
didn't see the link until I'd already typed out a response so here's some copy pasta

Seems like that's a big thing here lately. Taking an already "top tier" case and adding a couple little extra things to it like aluminum instead of steel or tempered glass instead of plastic and turning around and slapping a $900-1k price tag on it. If I'm going to pay $1000 for a case you better make it worth $1000 and include more than a couple little upgrades over the $200 case.

For that matter, buying a $1000 case is like buying a luxury vehicle. Part of what I'm paying for is the name, and if I'm dropping that kind of cash I want something that carries the cost of the name as well. I'd spend $1000 on a top of the line Case Labs case long before I spent it on a gimmick case from a mid tier manufacturer. If I'm buying a luxury car I'm buying a Land Rover, BMW, Mercedes, ect, I'm not spending that kind of money on a Kia no matter how nice it is.

Motorcharge
(16 items)
CPU
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING
GPU
EVGA GTX 1070 Gaming ACX 3.0 Black Edition
RAM
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3200Mhz
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo
Hard Drive