Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official] RYZEN 7 1800X | 1700X |1700 Owners Club & 4GHz+ Club

View Single Post
post #2016 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 02:34 PM
metal409
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 38 (Unique: 8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanL View Post

did my build today, seems to run without major problems so far

1800X
Asus Prime 370X-Pro
HyperX DDR4 2666 CL13 (Installed in A2 & B2)
Thermalright Macho X2

but i do have a few questions:

1. Right now it will only boot with 2400MHz set as the RAM speed (second DOCP Profile) with 2666 (even set manually) I have to reset the Bios.
The Bios is the newest (504) - am i missing something or is this just one of the expected things that might happen with early BIOS Versions?

my temperature seems fairly high:

even while in BIOS it hits the 55-60°C, i did some small benches stresstests with CPUZ and got up to 75°C, as you can see the voltage seems pretty high (no OC!) in the BIOS it is set to the default 1.35V. Are these temps still normal or should I re check the cooler?

3. last but not least, there is an unknown device displayed in the device manager, and even google cant really find what it is (latest AMD Chipset is installed) Any Ideas?

(pls excuse my poor writing it was an exiting build/day and now i need to calm down and get some rest)

Bonus 3D Mark 11 Performance Score: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12031119

I have the same board and 1700x that I have been messing with. It's really picking with ram, I have some Corsair 3200 that I used with it and it did not like anything over 2666. Anything over that or trying to use XMP/DOCP resulted in failed boots. I had my chip under water and idle temps with the latest 504 bios were reading around 55 also, I think it's just being reported incorrectly.

If you downloaded the 1.3GB file with the chipset drivers, extract the whole thing to a folder and have windows search the directory for the driver. That's what I had to do to get rid of that entry in device manager.