Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Need opinions on gtx 1080 ti (AIO)

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter
T0MB0
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Wow, okay thanks for the replies. So the gist of it. AIO's will be the way to go (considering I can't do the custom loop without some serious modifications), but it may be better to get a kit rather than an AIO prebuilt. Consider price, and the fact that if I bought the kit, I could replace the reference coolers instead of being stuck with no graphics card for however long it takes to replace the cooler. Also I need to make sure my case can handle all the rads considering I planned to have an AIO on the CPU, but may change that to a Hyper 212 EVO if I do have to choose between the GPU and CPU.

The other one I did consider was the EVGA hybrid. It was actually the first, so i'll keep that option open as well.

@Captain_cannonfodder I'm assuming you're running dual graphics cards without the waterblock added for the aio, right? If so that 10-13*C is a good enough reason for me to want to lean towards the AIO.

Thanks again for all the information. It's something I'm dabbling with, and even though I did the research and everything looked good, it's still nice to verify without worrying about something I could of done different, like the kit I never considered.

Mobo : Crosshair Hero IV : AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Ram : G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU : MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X || EVGA GTX 1080 Hybrid
Cool : Corsair H100i PSU : Rosewill PHOTON Series 850W Full Modular