Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Need opinions on gtx 1080 ti (AIO)

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter
T0MB0
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Rosewill PHOTON Series 850W Full Modular Power Supply, 80 PLUS Gold Certified would be the full thing. Sorry this is the one I bought https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182324 Which is a 80+ Gold

The case is a Rosewill Thor V2, I just realized the item description didn't really help much.

1. Can your case take a 240 for the CPU which I'd recommend as the bare minimum for 24/7 Max load for Ryzen.
My case does take a 240mm rad, and I do have that one already, which I planned to use on the cpu. I was debating on changing it out to my gpu, because I'm not certain I do want to fold on the processor. The 1800X is past the point of no return, the only thing I can do with it is get a replacement, not exchange.

I'm curious to see how much of a difference in *C a 120 vs a 240 mm rad will affect the cpu and gpu. If it does offer a big difference on the GPU I'd be inclined to throw it on the 1080 ti to get a more beefier OC.

2. Does your case have room for 2 120mm rads? Ideally you want them to exhaust so they dump the heat outside of the case. We are talking about 24/7 load so you want to get the heat away ASAP.
3. Can your case take all 3 at the same time?
The last 120mm AIO is the one i'm not certain about. Top of the case will fit the 240mm, the rear exhaust will be for one of the 120mm AIO, and the other 120mm AIO can be used at the bottom of the case. Or if I drill on the front panel I can use that but lose a 230mm intake (ehh) I'll know more once I put everything together, considering I still don't have the first GPU redface.gif

The Computer will be in my room, but I don't mind static noise, helps me sleep. wink.gif

Thanks for the feedback, I don't mind critiques, even if It's a mistake that's too late to fix on this build, I'll remember it for next time.

Mobo : Crosshair Hero IV : AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Ram : G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU : MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X || EVGA GTX 1080 Hybrid
Cool : Corsair H100i PSU : Rosewill PHOTON Series 850W Full Modular