Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

View Single Post
post #8222 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Targonis
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterchief79 View Post

Good point, didn't even know that. It's rated for 1.8A 12V. Are we talking about the AIO header directly beside the CPU FAN and CPU OPT header? That I can reach. However, when I set the AIO Fan speed to 100% in AI Suite, the pump barely turns. This way, my system would definitely overheat. I thought you were talking about the W_Flow or W_Pump header ealier.

There are several elements going on here. You have the pump, and you have fans. I have never seen the AIO pump speed vary on my Corsair H110i, it is always running at around the normal max speed. The fans on my AIO will adjust speed based on what the AIO tells them to do. You may want to get an extension for your pump, make sure to get a proper 3 or 4 pin one, depending on what your pump has on it(since a 4-pin will provide more control than a 3 pin). Don't bother with checking in Windows, go direct from the BIOS screen to see what is going on.