Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Pixio PX277 good WQHD for gaming

View Single Post
post #195 of (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 03:49 PM
rancor
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 102 (Unique: 93)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ball2hi View Post

Pretty sure the product itself is bad considering how many people are having trouble with the default freesync range being incorrect and other problems posted in this thread.

How about just simply **being on the deskop** for framerate? I can notice the damn lag trying to move my mouse trying to click applications. Nevermind shooting at things in an FPS where things are constantly moving. I have to hope they move in a predictable path or stop moving, and my FPS is definitely not the issue. Simply having FreeSync enabled in the monitor's settings, not even enabled on the driver, causes some serious input lag for me.

Do you even know what Dynamic Frame Control does? Because not even AMD_Robert knew what it did when asked in Discord. Says there is virtually no information on the monitor about what it does.

I was talking about your statment that all IPS screens are bad. The pixio isn't the best example of a high refresh rate IPS type.

I never had lag like that. Turn on freesync in the driver and monitor and keep everything else off. 17.4.X drivers have been causing problems for me and 17.3.X have been working. You should also turn on response time in the monitor.

As I understand dynamic frame control is adjustable vsync found in the amd control panle. Not sure why it is a setting in the monitor as it doesn't seem to do anything. I haven't tried it lately as the pixio is no longer my main monitor and I don't have three display port outputs so it's running on DVI.

i7-4770K Overclock
Blue
(18 items)
CPU
Intel Core i7-4770K (4.4GHz 1.35V)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H-CF
GPU
XFX Radeon RX VEGA 64
RAM
16GB G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz 10-12-12-31
Hard Drive