Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Build Log] Humble SM5 MK2: Even more humbler

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 03:43 AM - Thread Starter
Aussiejuggalo
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 65 (Unique: 47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre02 View Post

Subbed, i really like the build so far and the choice of components, although i don't know if it weren't better if you went with Intel vs Ryzen for gaming. From the few benchmarks i saw Ryzen was behind Intel in some games, by quite a few fps. But i could be wrong, cause i see many people using Ryzen recently.

Also, the benchmarks on the drives look very good.

I really like the case u are using, i wanted to buy one a while ago, but it went out of production. And i went with a Thermaltake X31, which is roughly the same dimensions, but it's kinda meh in quality. I wish i could find one used, in good condition relatively near to me.

You can really do some nice watercooling in it if you wanted, but maybe it's not your thing. I followed your first build too, but...silly..can't remember if you did watercooling then. I'm guessing no though.

Good luck...i'll be following.

Honestly this thing hasn't been to bad to game on, I'll do gaming benchmarks in a bit but using my settings I only lose 5 - 10 FPS which is really nothing and wont matter to much once I upgrade to 1440P.

Yeah drives are good but one hasn't been great...

I did do watercooling in my first one but I cant be bothered this time round and I'm glad I didn't right now, I'll be going EK MLC coolers once there released in Q3 (hopefully).

Humble SM5 MK2
(23 items)
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X
Motherboard
MSI B350M Mortar Arctic
GPU
MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR OC
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-32GTZKW 32GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB