Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - ROG Crosshair VI overclocking thread

View Single Post
post #21457 of (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 08:02 AM
ItsMB
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 4 (Unique: 2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseki View Post

I found that I had another different Samsung document than I referred to earlier. An extract of the state table for RTT is below. One can see that with The Stilt's recommendation {nom disabled, wr disabled, park RZQ/5} that RZQ/5 is always used. RZQ/5 is 48 ohms per this document. This value might be expected to reasonably match likely trace impedances, although what the relevant C6H trace impedances are is unknown to me.

Conversely, more or less, the Ramad/Jackalito/HarrySun values of {nom RZQ/3, wr RZQ/3, park RZQ/1} when applied to the state table yield a termination resistance that fluctuates. I'm not sure what advantage that would have.

I'm not certain what your recommendation of {auto, auto, auto} actually does, so I'll just add that to my test matrix. Edit: Discovering an earlier message I missed, I think this is The Stilt's {disabled, disabled, 48 ohm} condition.

For reference, I am presently running RZQ/2 on 1403 for all three parameters from a month-ago recommendation by BoMbY. He didn't answer my question about his rationale for these values. My present thinking is that these impedances may be too high for good matching.

And then there is The Stilt's spasm version of 1403 still to test. Sigh.

from DDR4 SDRAM Specification, Device Operation & Timing Diagram, 2014, page 178

The circuit diagram (simpified, I'm sure) extracted below suggests why there may be a change in DRAM power usage. The lower the terminating resistor, the more current flows to the signal lead and thence to eventually to ground. There are a lot of terminating resistors.

I dont know what my recomendation does, xD, i enter on this thread only to make my ram faster to play games properly, xD Since i make a couple of questions and some of you made me to read all the thread, so, i tried to configurate my ram as the best way i could do it. I find some information about these chips too, but never find out that schemes and rtt options that youre showing to me, i just setup the ram by trying 10 diferent setups through 3 bios, and my setup is based on my rare conclusions and on all of your problems along the thread that helped me a lot. I tried to share with you all at many posts. I dont know if my setup is good, but it works on my system, anyway is posible to be wrong, as i said is nothing special. Ty for the info.