Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Help OC Crucial Ballistix Sport 2400mhz

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 04:52 AM
Blameless
Iconoclast

Rep: 3134 (Unique: 1869)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteNahuel View Post

The Vendor claims he can run the RAM to 2933mhz in almost every board

I've never seen Ballistix Sport 2400 do more than 2800 or so and some of the newer 2400 stuff won't even do 2666, but if the person selling the sticks is speaking of the specific examples you bought, then it may well be possible.
Quote:

When I set the multiplier to 29, the BIOS shows 2933mhz, but the CPU-Z Aorus shows the frequency as 1197mhz... so which one is right?

What tab in CPU-Z are you looking at?
Quote:

How much voltage should I add to make the RAM stable?

I probably would use more than 1.35v on Micron ICs, though some benefit from up to 1.4. What's the vendor say?
Quote:

Which program should I use to stresstest the RAM and check for stability?

Stressapptest from a portable Linux environment.
Quote:

And how much should I tweak the timings?

Depends on the clocks you are going for.

I normally run my older set of Ballistix Sport 2400 at 2667MT/s, 12-11-12-27-T1, 1.37v and my newer set at 2400MT/s, 11-13-12-28-T2, 1.33v. Very tight subtimings on the first set and modestly looser ones on the second.

...rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual. -- Thomas Jefferson