Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Thermaltake View 71 build

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2017, 04:03 AM - Thread Starter
log1c76
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Just finished my build in the View 71 and wanted to share. I haven't had a Thermaltake case in a long time and I know lately they haven't had a lot of positive things said about them, but this case was awesome to build in, with only a few qualms. The case frame is very sturdy, but the paint does scuff and scratch fairly easily, so be careful with that part of the build. Also, some of the screw heads are softer than say, Corsair, so it doesn't take much to strip them.

Being able to slide the 360 rads up or down for the front and left, right, forward and back for the top makes lining up everything a lot easier than fixed radiator mounts.The front and top panels come off and don't need to go back on until you're completely done with the build, giving you access to the whole inside of the case while you put it together. The glass doors conveniently open on hinges which makes taking them off and on and cleaning them a lot easier.

There is plenty of room on the back of the case for cable management with plenty of tie down points for some zip ties. I only wish they would've included some velcro straps. The backside of my build would look a lot nicer if it wasn't for 2 corsair lighting controllers and 2 lighting node pros. Plus, the Corsair hx750i stock cables are so freaking long that when an extension is added, the length is even more ridiculous. I have two 360mm rads, front and top, cooled with Corsair HD120 RGB fans (the fans are set to white now and not rainbow like the pic), Ek water blocks, Ek pump and a 200mm Ek reservoir. The fluid is Mayhem's Pastel White.

All in all, I'm very pleased with this case and see myself holding on to it for a long time.
P.S. The dragon is for the MSI motherboard.