Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift/Shift X Owners Club

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 07:00 AM
qiUip
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainZombie View Post

That is good to hear. Whenever you can get more pics up is always cool.

Are you using 140mm fans in the front or 120s? If I use 140, will there be an issue with placing a 120mm rad on the bottom/base at all?

I’m supposed to get the case delivered today, but won’t be able to start the build till tomorrow evening. I bought a SilverStone PWM fan hub yesterday to get all of the fans running in this case to try and keep it cool. I wish they would have sold a rear panel with vented air holes and a dust filter where the GPU sits if you didn’t want that to be glass. It’d probably help with some of the air flow, but it doesn’t sound like heat is that big of an issue in this case.

If the 1070 Ti wasn’t coming out I’d consider the 1080, but stupid NVIDIA pretty much is killing that card with this tactic. Seems like the jump from my 1070 to the Ti would make more sense than a 1080.

For full watercoolong? I think it’s either slim 240 front and slim 120 bottom, or 280 front. If you are asking if a 120 rad will fit with only a 140 fan in the front (but no rad) they I still doubt it - but how would such a setup work anyways?!

I’m using all 140mm fans. 2 be quite! silent wing 3 at the top (near the MB) and the base of the case, and the 2 fans that came with the Kraken for now. I put the Kraken in the AiO pump header and it controls the fans via its own software (not through the MB headers), the top 140 fan in he CPU header and the bottom fan in the Chasis header. It seems to work good that way. When I go water will replace all with Noctua 140mm fans.

As for the GPU, I think I read somewhere that the 1070Ti will be voltage locked and you won’t be able to push it beyond stock, unlike the 1080 - so there is that. Double check it though! I wouldn’t upgrade from 1070 to 1070Ti or 1080, it’s 1080Ti or wait for Volta. smile.gif

Edit: video link to 1070Ti not being overclockable - https://youtu.be/BiTGk2DaT2E