Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - ASUS TUF B350M-PLUS GAMING motherboard review... it doesn't suck after all

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 05:10 PM
sideeffect
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklkit View Post

Does that motherboard do BCLK OCing? If so, then it might be possible to run the clocks up incrementally. I'm messing around with a new bios that finally lets my E-die 3200, 16-18 ram run at that speed and I'm finding that 3020 @ 14-16 is at least as fast if not faster.

Those VRMs are running very cool and are in fact running cooler than mine are. Mine are now peaking at 52-53C.

It does not support BCLK changes or reveal CPU spread spectrum in latest BIOS. The Bus speed is a slightly lower than standard 99.76 which results in 2926.4 MHZ RAM at 2933 settings and I guess around 3057 MHZ at the 3066 setting. The latest BIOS does have RAM steps up to 4000.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minotaurtoo View Post

It does allow base clock overclocking... at least it looks like it does lol.. haven't tried it yet really... been trying to OC my ram past the rated 3000, ... no dice so far even with increasing the timmings... 15, 17, 17 35 nets me 2933, but I was hoping if I loosened the timings I could get higher.

I was unable to get my RAM stable at 3066 and it wouldn't even boot at 3200 didn't matter how lose the timings were or what SOC voltage I used. I do have dual rank chips though. I did manage to reduce the timings a lot at 2933 but TRCD would not work well for me under 18. The review of these modules says these have Hynix chips on them and they do seem to behave like Hynix.