Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - SG13B-Q Front mount PSU, R7 1700, RX580. (stupid pic heavy)

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
Max78
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 52 (Unique: 45)
i managed to get a lot done this weekend.

Printed some feet to keep the case from resting on the PSU cord, which also allowed me to retire my handy leveling book.

I purchased some thin Cooler Master 80mm fans, I test fit them with a temporary mount and found some additional clearing that needed to be done. After verifying that everything would fit after some bending I designed and printed a proper fan shroud. I also found that one motherboard header can control a 3 pin fan, where the other is PWM only so its always full speed.

I spliced the 2 fans together so they would both run off of the same motherboard header that allowed speed control. I thought about ordering a Y connector, but decided to just cut it! I think it came out a little cleaner that way, but I left WAY too much heat-shrink on the connector end of the cable assembly. I might clean that up later down the road. At first I installed the fan to the wrong header, so the last set of pictures are the correct header.

Now I need to figure out what I want to do with the front of the case, extend it to fit my HDD and USB headers, or do something else.

CPU: R7 1700 Memory: Patriot Viper 4 @3200mhz Video Card: Red Devil RX 580 8GB Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B350 ITX
SSD:
Crucial MX300 275GB SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB Case: Silverstone SG13
Monitor: 24" AOC 1080p 144hz VA (AOC C24G1)