Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Jaded with work not sure what to do.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter
Mrzev
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 96 (Unique: 76)
Jaded with work not sure what to do.

I've been a developer for almost 10 years now, projects in 15 or so different languages... but nothing feels like a challenge anymore. I'm not an expert by any means, I am a very quick learner, and can always get things done quick. The only way i really feel challenged is when I have a 24 hour deadline and challenge myself on how much i can get done before the presentation or whatever. Everything is just time consuming and tedious. It's all just the same thing over and over. Even with new things like, I've never programatically sent an email using azure Active Directory for the credentials... 20 minutes of googling and tada there is the answer. There are rare exceptions like creating some prototypes for the HoloLens or building a tracking system from the ground up... but those dont happen often.

I am at a loss for what to do. I am very successful, but I am bored... not at the point of unhappy, but... i just dont know. Every year I debate on quitting my job and developing a videogame, but i fear i would get bored of that too...

Sorry for the rant, any advice or insight would be cool.