Koolance CPU-LN2 V2 Mounting Hardware - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Koolance CPU-LN2 V2 Mounting Hardware

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 51 (Unique: 46)
A few months ago I bought my first pot, the Koolance V2. It was second hand, and came from a guy on [H]ard Forum. He initially forgot to send me the screws and backplate, so the first time I used the pot, I had to simply tie it down. Twice in the last few months he's said he would send me the hardware, but has failed to do so, and now I can't even get a hold of him.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the parts I need.

This is what I have, and unfortunately it was discontinued years ago.

And here is a picture of what I am looking for

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 04:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 698 (Unique: 562)
I use a Cooler master backplate and 6/32 2" nuts and bolts with lockwashers and nylon washers on the board side.The LN2/V2 studs screw right on top when I'm ready to mount pot.You have to LET the back 1st, though.I have 5 of those CoolerMaster backplates..I just leave them on the boards.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmuckley View Post

I use a Cooler master backplate and 6/32 2" nuts and bolts with lockwashers and nylon washers on the board side.The LN2/V2 studs screw right on top when I'm ready to mount pot.You have to LET the back 1st, though.I have 5 of those CoolerMaster backplates..I just leave them on the boards.

Pretty much any backplate that's compatible with my motherboard would work though, right? Are you implying that I could find what I need at a hardware store?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 04:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 72 (Unique: 62)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr357 View Post

Pretty much any backplate that's compatible with my motherboard would work though, right? Are you implying that I could find what I need at a hardware store?

Yup...

All you need is a backplate strong enough to keep good pressure on the pot... The rods, springs and nuts can be found at any HW store. You just need to find the rod size that fits through the holes on the motherboard/backplate and then buy springs and nuts that fit that rod. I'd say $20 gets you all you need.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 06:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 89 (Unique: 56)
Or you can get the parts you need direct from Koolance, some other resellers probably have them as well but haven't checked it out. Here is what you need.

Backplate for that pot

Here is the mounting hardware, unfortunately it is missing the piece that screws into the bottom pegs. Personally on my Koolance I just have moved towards just using 6/32 threaded rod that I got from my hardware store and the springs and knurled nut from the package that I linked above.

Hope that helps

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2013, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSebaSXx View Post

Yup...

All you need is a backplate strong enough to keep good pressure on the pot... The rods, springs and nuts can be found at any HW store. You just need to find the rod size that fits through the holes on the motherboard/backplate and then buy springs and nuts that fit that rod. I'd say $20 gets you all you need.

Perfect, I have several backplates already. biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasparthe View Post

Or you can get the parts you need direct from Koolance, some other resellers probably have them as well but haven't checked it out. Here is what you need.

Backplate for that pot

Here is the mounting hardware, unfortunately it is missing the piece that screws into the bottom pegs. Personally on my Koolance I just have moved towards just using 6/32 threaded rod that I got from my hardware store and the springs and knurled nut from the package that I linked above.

Hope that helps

Yes, that helps tremendously, thanks! thumb.gif
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 11:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2037 (Unique: 1171)
you don't even need that much pressure on it, just like the others said buy rods and bolts that fit them and you are set. But yea, nice catch whoever found the hardware.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in