Compressed Gas Supplemental Cooling - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Compressed Gas Supplemental Cooling

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I am interested in building a watercooling system with a built in n2o or similar compressed gas supplemental cooling agent. My Idea is that there would be an arduino controller reading temps and would open a solenoid connected to a tank of compressed gas releasing into a chamber surrounding the coolant reservoir. The purpose is to push the limits of the water cooling loop during load (perhaps during intense gaming sessions that are pushing the system exceptionally hard).

Does this seem feasible at all or just a pipe dream?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 01:02 PM
#!/bin/bash

Rep: 107 (Unique: 96)
Problem with temps that go to low is condensation within the case. Also playing around with flammable gasses could be an issue.

I come from the net. Through systems, peoples and cities to this place: Mainframe. My format: Guardian; to mend and defend. To defend my new-found friends, their hopes and dreams. To defend them from their enemies. They say the user lives outside the net and inputs games for pleasure. No one knows for sure, but I intend to find out. Reboot!

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-22-2015, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
The hope isn't to make the temps to go super low just keep them from getting too high. the gas system wouldn't always be running and I was hoping to have the chamber thermally insulated from the rest of the case. imagine a copper reservoir with an epoxy coated pyrex chamber around it for the gas to expand in. the hope is that the gas will decrease the temperature of the coolant in the reservoir slightly to keep max temp down when cpu is at full load. this system could be enabled/disabled when not needed and wouldn't be decreasing temps enough to create condensation.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in