Lowest CPU Temp? - Page 9 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

Lowest CPU Temp?

post #81 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 AM
Team Red Lobbyist

Rep: 114 (Unique: 101)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snogus View Post
A tad harsh, I wasn't referring to 10 and so forth being outside of the naturals, but my textbook says that whilst 0 is real it isn't natural, no need to get angry about it really, I told you I don't know a lot about this and I'm just trying to understand it. I believe my original post said something along the lines of 'forgive me if I'm wrong' and 'I barely understand any of this' so just take it easy.

I'm not picking a fight so need need to tell me I'm acting tough and all that. I'll find the graph I'm thinking of and edit the in if I can find it. I was thanking you by the way, you did clear up some confusion, now all that's left to clear up now is why your angry, I mean, sorry if I got some physics wrong but correct me, don't abuse me.

Edit: I stand corrected, 0 apparently is natural, better re-read that chapter in my book, exams are coming up. "...0 is neither positive nor negative. By some definitions 0 is also a natural number...".
Your explanation still helps though, thanks, I am however more confused than before, ain't that a *****, I'm off to do some much needed maths study!

Any reason why Wikipedia tells me "By some definitions 0 is also a natural number"? I don't see how it could be a conditional sort of thing.

-Snogus
No worries dude, it was harsh - I apologize... Sox lost in epic fashion last night and I shouldn't have taken it out on you. Thing is, that comment was the sort my little brother would make - and I would have reacted the same to him (if that helps any).

You hit it right on the nose... definitions have a lot to do with it. It's all perspective (relative) too...so. 0 as the number before 1 has properties that might be considered unnatural - but 10 on the other hand is very natural..

No fights, we're all here to learn...

As to the dude saying put physics with politics and religion outside of OCN? Hard to do man... so much of what OCN is all about directly invloves physics. I'd say it's more physics-related than any other science, if you take all the overclocking topics together. (voltage, thermal topics - speeds (and consequently wavelengths) moores law - and all it's derivative sub-topics that come with it...it goes on and on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Beef go_quote.gif
I did my build in the kitchen (no carpets in sight) and in underwear to avoid any possible static. My roomates where kinda creeped out. headscratch.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon go_quote.gif
he reads Pentiumhouse magazine and gets so turned on by it, he will never use another processor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 07:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 232 (Unique: 191)
Umm, you guys arguing about 'real' vs 'natural' numbers are wrong...

Those terms just refer to number sets...

Natural: 1,2,3,4....
Whole: 0,1,2,3... OR All the Natural numbers + 0
Integer: ...-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3.... OR All the Whole numbers + All the negative numbers
Rational: All the integers + Fractions
Real: All the rational numbers + Numbers that can't be expressed as fractions, e, pi, root 2
Complex: EVERYTHING. All real numbers + imaginary numbers where i (or j) = root -1

Has nothing to do with what numbers are found in nature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ira-k go_quote.gif
When you tell a hot date you have to get her home by 10pm because you have to OC before all you DICE sublimates.
post #83 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 108 (Unique: 97)
This thread has turned into a physics nightmare for me.
I, because of my morbid hate of physics(don't ask why), shall never open this thread again.
Later

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 84 (permalink) Old 10-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Team Red Lobbyist

Rep: 114 (Unique: 101)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
Umm, you guys arguing about 'real' vs 'natural' numbers are wrong...

Those terms just refer to number sets...

Natural: 1,2,3,4....
Whole: 0,1,2,3... OR All the Natural numbers + 0
Integer: ...-3,-2,-1,0,1,2,3.... OR All the Whole numbers + All the negative numbers
Rational: All the integers + Fractions
Real: All the rational numbers + Numbers that can't be expressed as fractions, e, pi, root 2
Complex: EVERYTHING. All real numbers + imaginary numbers where i (or j) = root -1

Has nothing to do with what numbers are found in nature...
I wasn't arguing what is real or natural - and/or found in nature...I agree with everything you have - and to be frank, didn't know what he was getting at as "unnatural"...

I just freaked out when he basically said 0 has no value to our system..

You have a few zero's as examples there - so I'm safe...+rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Beef go_quote.gif
I did my build in the kitchen (no carpets in sight) and in underwear to avoid any possible static. My roomates where kinda creeped out. headscratch.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon go_quote.gif
he reads Pentiumhouse magazine and gets so turned on by it, he will never use another processor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in