Please help! CPU maxes out one core except with Task Manager - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Please help! CPU maxes out one core except with Task Manager

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Please help! CPU maxes out one core except with Task Manager

I have a problem with my Computer. Everything runs great when I have task manager front and center. As soon as I click back to Chrome and try and watch a youtube video CPU pegs to 100% on Core 0 and stutters. I click to make Task Manager front and center with video on other monitor and All Cores come alive and it runs fine. Click back to Chrome. And back to only One Core!!! I have updated all drivers and enabled all Cores in windows 10. I don't know what to do besides a fresh Install which I want to not have to do. Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
It seems to be Chrome exclusive. If I delete Chrome and reinstall it will run fine for first launch. Close it and reload. Back to the same issue. When Chrome is selected as main program it uses Core 0 and its HT core Select Task manager while Chrome is still open just not the "Primary" app and the CPU usage distributes load across all 4 Cores and there HT core. I don't get it!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 11:42 PM
High Clocker

Rep: 188 (Unique: 162)
Whats your CPU?
Iv got a few old PC that wont run Chrome any more because its too CPU demanding.

First run it will detect what hardware acceleration mode to use. Then apply it for next time you open it. So you could try manually changing that setting.

SLI Voodoo 2 - > GeForce4 MX 420 -> GF 6600GT -> GF 6800GT -> GF 8800Ultra -> AMD 4870 -> AMD 4890 -> CF AMD 5820 -> CF AMD 6850 -> CF AMD 7970 -> SLI GF 680 -> SLI GF 780 -> CF AMD 290X -> GF 980ti -> SLI GF 980ti -> GF 1080ti -> SLI GF 1080ti -> <- RTX 2080ti (DOA/Refunded)
CPU
AMD 8120
CPU
FX 8350
GPU
7970 CFX
GPU
680 SLI
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in