Windows 10 64-bit on Acer TravelMate 5330 - Slowdown issue - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Windows 10 64-bit on Acer TravelMate 5330 - Slowdown issue

post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-24-2019, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Windows 10 64-bit on Acer TravelMate 5330 - Slowdown issue

I just installed Windows 10 RTM 64-bit on my TravelMate 5330 on November/October 2018 for testing purposes because I am out of ideas, except a few tests, including this one. However I upgraded it to 1804 first then 1809 during my midterm test periods.

I dual-boot it with Windows 7 64-bit to see if anything is wrong with Windows 10 or not, but it seems that my TravelMate 5330 is powerful enough to handle.

Now, the problem is that as soon as I pressed ENTER or any key on the login screen where it shows you the date and time, it scrolls up very fast, then I have to wait for 7-10 seconds to get my profile and password box to appear. After I write my password, if the laptop is restarted or hard shutdown (power failure), it will stay on Welcome screen for a minute then loads the desktop, which took another minute or less to display icons on the taskbar. However, if I log in after the smooth shutdown, I would wait for 1 second then the desktop appears instantly with everything loaded, just because of Fast Startup.

At this moment, my hard drive indicator light is off. However, if I open any app, file manager, a menu, or even a start menu, I will see that my HDD indicator will light up, but slowing down the laptop. For example, I open VS2017, then I will see its splash screen after waiting for about a minute, then it stays there for 1-2 minutes until the GUI appears, which took 3-5 minutes to fully respond to my actions, like opening a project. After everything is finished, it would respond again.

The shutting down/restarting procedure also takes too long if I am signed in. The laptop would heat over time when there is hard drive activity for too long, like compiling apps, installing apps, etc.

How can I control this behavior so I can speed up this laptop? I'm sure that all of my apps are legit, and don't have any viruses. I also disabled unnecessary services and that sped it up for a bit, but not to the point that I want.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Tapatalk

If you want the computer, Please go to: http://www.pcpartpicker.com

My RAM History: 1.5 GB --> 2GB
My GPU History: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 --> AMD Radeon 9200
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in