Sounds/Vision Questions - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Sounds/Vision Questions

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 04:46 PM
Graphics Junkie

Rep: 31 (Unique: 27)
just get a display port to HDMI adapter. I have a few myself. Or a DVI to HDMI adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-A...gateway&sr=8-4

Use the HDMI for your TV to make sure you get sound (not sure if display port does sound) and use the display port to HDMI adapter for your other screen.

i7 7700kK @4.2ghz
16GB DDR4 3200mhz
GeForce 1080 Ti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 59 (Unique: 49)
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraMega View Post
just get a display port to HDMI adapter. I have a few myself. Or a DVI to HDMI adapter.

https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-A...gateway&sr=8-4

Use the HDMI for your TV to make sure you get sound (not sure if display port does sound) and use the display port to HDMI adapter for your other screen.
I currently have PC Monitor attached to HDMI cable, then that goes into Display port converter into the display port. The issue (or part of?) was that i was using HDMI cable into HDMI splitter into HDMI cable to make the HDMI cable reach (It was also how i was doing it before, having HDMI cable from the PC into the splitter, then either putting the PC HDMI cable into it or the TV one into it). Doing tests by temp moving the PC, i know that TV going directly into the PC from HDMI cable works and helps the TV keep the resolution options as with the Splitter it would cap at 1920 x 1080P so ordering an extra long cable (4.5m should do it) Though. I am now wondering if can have audio split.

Like have the tabs/games that are on the TV have the audio come through the TV while Youtube, music or whatever come through the PC Monitor speakers either attached to the PC itself or attached to the Monitor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in