Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official]NVIDIA Quadro GV100 owner’s club

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 05-03-2018, 05:43 AM
Kalm_Traveler
no regurts

Rep: 3 (Unique: 2)
Quote: Originally Posted by lutjens View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalm_Traveler View Post
I don't mind doing that either. Soldering is something I'm very comfortable with - had no issues adding the stacked shunt resistors on these Titan V's already [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Comparing the Tesla V100, Titan V, and Quadro GV100 (the pics of the Tesla and Quadro that I can find at least) they seem to be physically identical on the 'back' side as far as SMD's. I have not yet found any pictures of the 'top' side of the Tesla or Quadro but as most of the component pads are populated on the Titan V, I don't think the Tesla or Quadro can have much more than perhaps the SMDs to enable and utilize the 4th HBM stack which is disabled on the Titan.

If I really have to I might end up buying a pair of Quadro GV100's and just go that route but since I have no need for 64gb of VRAM and I love tinkering, I'd rather figure out what modifications need to be done to make NVLink work on the Titans.

Just need to find a helpful soul with a GV100 to pull the vBIOS with GPU-Z to confirm whether or not the BIOS is part of the mod necessary...
Also, keep in mind that the GPUs are actually different (although they're very similar) due to the extra VRAM. In GPU-Z, the GPU itself is identified as a 1DB1, where the GV100 has an 1DBA identifier. You could easily brick your TItan Vs trying to flash the GV100 BIOS to your cards if the BIOSes are different enough due to the slight GPU change to be incompatible.
True, nothing a hardware flasher can't fix though.

I'll flash one of them to see what happens, no need to brick both at once 😉

HEDT Overkill
(14 items)
Razer Blade 2017
(4 items)
CPU
Core i9 7960x
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Extreme
GPU
Titan RTX
GPU