Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Build Log] Corsair 1000D (Case swap + dual system) i7 6800K, 1080FTW i9 9900K 2080ti

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter
Pilz
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by MNMadman View Post
I like this case. It's the first one ever that looks good to me and would allow me the kind of cooling I want internally, without having to make sacrifices due to case dimensions.

Is there a particular reason your case airflow is the complete opposite of what most people use?
With how my tower is situated I didn't want the exhaust air (which will be hotter if the rads are my intake) blowing towards me. The intakes are all cool air since inside doesn't get hot whatsoever. My temps dropped by an average Delta of 13°C under heavy loads so there's no need to change it current. Once I add my second system I'll flip the front ones to be my intake since I won't really have a choice at that point.

Corsair made some design compromises compared to other towers I've built.

-The pump mounting area is very small and forced me to stagger the two D5's
-3.5" drive bay is non-removable, but I plan on modding my case and making a smaller enclosure there
-front radiator thickness is limited to 60mm if you want a push/pull due to the drive bays

Other than these things I've been happy with the case. Once I finalize the current design I'm going to start planning how my second system is going to run. I want 4 loops if possible inside the case, 3 at a minimum. My GPU will be getting replaced within a month anyway so that will cue some other upgrades as well.

TT 900, Aquacomputer pumps + controller, R9 3900X, Gigabyte Aorus PCIE 4 NVMe, RTX 2080Ti, EKWB, dual 480mm rads