Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Build Log] Corsair 1000D (Case swap + dual system) i7 6800K, 1080FTW i9 9900K 2080ti

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 05:37 PM
MNMadman
Totally Tubular

Rep: 50 (Unique: 41)
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilz View Post
With how my tower is situated I didn't want the exhaust air (which will be hotter if the rads are my intake) blowing towards me. The intakes are all cool air since inside doesn't get hot whatsoever. My temps dropped by an average Delta of 13°C under heavy loads so there's no need to change it current. Once I add my second system I'll flip the front ones to be my intake since I won't really have a choice at that point.

Corsair made some design compromises compared to other towers I've built.

-The pump mounting area is very small and forced me to stagger the two D5's
-3.5" drive bay is non-removable, but I plan on modding my case and making a smaller enclosure there
-front radiator thickness is limited to 60mm if you want a push/pull due to the drive bays

Other than these things I've been happy with the case. Once I finalize the current design I'm going to start planning how my second system is going to run. I want 4 loops if possible inside the case, 3 at a minimum. My GPU will be getting replaced within a month anyway so that will cue some other upgrades as well.
I've never been able to feel the exhaust air temp when sitting at my desk -- it's always blowing away from me. And those compromises are nothing compared to most other cases. I only use 60mm max thickness rads as I don't like the 80mm ones. The staggered mounts wouldn't bother me, as I'd most likely mount the pump-res combos to the rad fans anyway.

If I was building in this case, I'd have the front and top be cold air intakes for the rads and the rear be exhausting the warmed air. I'd be using monoblocks so there wouldn't be any consequences for having the interior being a bit warmer than it otherwise could be.

Previous Project: Heatripper Threadkiller Build Log
Previous Project: TT-Green Build Log (external link)
Previous Project: RED Glare Build Log (external link)
CPU
AMD Ryzen R7 2700X (1826SUS)
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi)
GPU
NVIDIA TITAN Xp COLLECTORS EDITION (Jedi Order)
RAM
G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14D-16GTZRX
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Pro 2TB NVMe
Power Supply
Corsair HX1000i 1000W ATX
Cooling
EKWB EK-Supremacy EVO AMD RGB Nickel-Plexi
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller IV for TITAN X and GTX 1080Ti - ACRYL Ni-Bl w/ eBC Backplate
Cooling
Watercool WCP D5-VARIO Pump with Heatkiller D5-TOP
Cooling
Watercool Heatkiller Tube 150 w/ MultiPort Top
Cooling
Watercool MO-RA3 360 LT Radiator - White
Cooling
Barrow G1/4" Thread 3/8" ID 5/8" OD Compression Fitting - Black
Cooling
Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnect No-Spill Coupling w/ 10mm x 16mm Compression Fitting - Black
Cooling
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 10/16mm Tubing - Crystal Clear
Cooling
Mayhems Pastel Coolant - Yellow
Cooling
Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM High Speed Fans (9)
Case
PrimoChill Praxis WetBench - White/Black
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 1803 64-bit
Monitor
Acer XB270HU bprz 1440p 144Hz G-Sync Gaming Monitor
Keyboard
Logitech G Pro RGB USB
Mouse
Logitech G Pro RGB USB
Mousepad
Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Mat