More Tube Bending for the Back Side
I’m waiting for an RGB strip for the Intel 900P SSD waterblock before I install it. Meanwhile I’ve been working on redoing the tubing on the back side. The first one I’m going to do is the tube from the dual pump top to the bottom radiator. Here’s what it used to look like.
It’s definitely more difficult to make two bends on different planes in the same tube!
Next is the tube from the top radiator to the flow sensor. Since I added 15mm extensions to the reservoir, like I did on the main side reservoir, I’ll be able to remove the two rotary 90s I used to offset the tube that goes from the flow meter back to the reservoirs. Again, here’s how it looked before.
I always fit the tubing without the second o-ring and the threaded collar until I have the bend and lengths just how I want them. Then I’ll put the threaded collar on and I put a piece of masking tape on there just to keep the collars from sliding down the pipe. This prevents the collars from sliding around and scratching the tubing. The collars can really scratch up the tubing, especially if they slide onto a bend or curved section of the tubing.
Then I put the o-ring on the end of the tubing, dip it in a glass of water, and push the tubing into a spare loose fitting I hold in my hand before installing it in the build. This pushes the o-ring down the tube so that when I install the tube I know exactly if it’s in all the way, and that I’m not pushing on the tubing unnecessarily.
Nice and clean… I like it! Take a look in the lower right where the tubing goes through the case pass through to connect the two front radiators, because I’m swapping that out next.
Here I’ve removed the right side reservoir tubing. I need to make that piece of tubing 15mm longer to make up for the 15mm extension I put in the reservoir, plus now it will be easier to install the new bent tubing piece connecting the two front radiators.
This is from the main side looking at how the tubing was connecting the two front radiators. I eliminated the extensions and 90° rotary fittings on each side.
I just barely had enough room to get that tube through the case pass through and into the fittings.
Also I was able to put the big USB 3 cable under this tube now rather than over the top. Looks a little cleaner this way.
As soon as I post this, I'm doing a drain and flush on my current daily driver rig. I'll be pulling out two of the three GTX 980ti Classified cards with EK Waterblocks and back plates and putting them up on the Marketplace here