Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - =The Official ASUS P6T Series Motherboard Owners Club=

View Single Post
post #425 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 06:03 PM
anticommon
RTX ON FPS OFF

Rep: 29 (Unique: 26)
Friends,

I have a severe issue here. Just got a P6T Deluxe V2 and x5660 installed. It took a little while to get the bios situated and the processor recognized... only for me to spend the next five hours trying to get windows installed. I have windows boot media on a USB drive - and I can load into the windows installer, but when it gets to the portion where you must choose a partition to install to it does nothing and no drives come up. I have so far tried a number of things, including both IDE and AHCI mode. I have verified that the motherboard is detecting the SSD (shows up as a 120g drive, which it is) I have even gone so far as to try installing windows on another PC with the drive and then transferring it over... with no luck. Nada. Firmware updated. No change. This is getting beyond frustrating and I'm not really sure what else to do. I've played with every option in the BIOS including resetting and trying them all again. The drive works because it just came out of my main PC and I installed windows on it already today. The P6T is loading into the usb W10 bood drive just fine (albeit EXTREMELY SLOWLY) usually taking about 5-7 minutes just to get to the partition screen...

Does anyone have a suggestion as far as what I might be able to do to fix this? I just want to finally get my rendering PC finished and end this migraine.

I'm sailing away...
KRAKEN
(13 items)
CPU
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7
GPU
EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC ULTRA
RAM
Kingston HyperX Predator RGB
Hard Drive
ADATA XPG SX8200
Power Supply
EVGA SUPERNOVA G2
Cooling
EK Velocity Nickel-Plexi, EK Vector RTX Nickel-Plexi, EK EX360, Koolance 360mm, Enermax Neochanger
Case
Thermaltake A500
Operating System
W10 Premium
Monitor
Alienware AW3418DW
Keyboard
Corsair LUX
Mouse
Logitech G502 Spectrum
Audio
Audiotechnica ATH-900X, SBX G5, MODMIC