Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Official] NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti Owner's Club

View Single Post
post #1552 of (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Krzych04650

Rep: 79 (Unique: 60)
Here are GPU-Z screenshots for MSI Sea Hawk X

I cannot upload BIOS because GPU-Z says that "BIOS reading is not supported on this device"

So it is confirmed that the power limit is the same as for Trio X.

Overclocking doesn't look overly promising so far, going anywhere over 1.000V causes the GPU to hit power limit frequently which results in lower performance than with max stable clocks at 1.000V. At least this is the behavior in Fire Strike Extreme Stress Test loop. Looks like the fight is going to be for stable 2100 MHz. I am so glad I canceled MSI Duke order, with its terribly low power limit it would be hard to get stable 2000, if not lower.

As for the card itself, good things are of course temperatures (40 ish under load) and very good magnetic fan on the radiator, on max speed which is around 2200 RPM it is literally two times quieter than stock fans on my Corsair H115i which are maxing out at around the same RPM. Turbine fan on the GPU is controlled with the same slider as radiator one, so this may be a problem for some. But it is only making gentle humming noise with no rattling or anything like that, it isn't really louder than radiator fan. AIO on the GPU is Corsair H55, so if you want to know anything about the pump performance and noise, look for info for this cooler. Fans certainly have potential for very quiet operation.

The bad things are obviously pathetic tube length, they are not even reaching the front of small mid tower case like Fractal Define R5. The shroud is bending easily in some places, but this is not because plastic is so bad or anything, it is just not reinforced in places where it should. For example it bends on the edge near AIO shield, but if they just mounted it to the AIO shield with a screw in the middle, it wouldn't. So this is some sloppy design.

Not a bad card, especially compared to all of these 3-slot ugly bricks, and of course I am keeping it, especially that I managed to get it so early, but EVGA is going to have very easy win with their hybrid model.

Ultrawide
(22 items)
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-6900K
Motherboard
Asus X99 SABERTOOTH
GPU
MSi RTX 2080 Ti Sea Hawk X
RAM
Crucial Ballistix 4x4GB DDR4-3000
Hard Drive
ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 512GB PCIe x4