Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Verge] GM’s data mining is just the beginning of the in-car advertising blitz

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 12:28 PM
Nineball_Seraph
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Unless they are going to drop the cost of cars because of the extra amount of money they are going to make off my data (which they wont) or if i get a cut of the money (we wont) then GM can eff right off. I get the whole selling data if someone is providing you a service with no monetary charge, and even then it can be iffy. But if you are going to charge a large sum of money for a car then try to make more money off of people with their data, then we need laws in place that force companies that people must get a majority cut of all money made off of the data.

Now, give me a free CTS-V and zero maintenance fees then you can have what ever data of mine you want.

At what point should personal data be considered a form of currency/commodity and companies have to pay us to have it and use it.

Heatware: Nineball | TT Core X9 | [email protected] (1.26v) | EVGA XC Ultra Gaming 2080Ti 2160Mhz on stock BIOS | 16 G.Skill Trident RGB | Asus Hero Max X | 2 x EK MLC 360 Core with CPU and GPU block | Corsair AX1200i PSU

Last edited by Nineball_Seraph; 10-18-2018 at 12:51 PM.