Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Thermalright Silver Wind Arrow T8/T6

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
Fullereneshift
Professional Lurker

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by Aenra View Post
As to the coolers themselves, can't say i see the point, but.. if it works for someone, why not.

Yeah the cooler market is pretty saturated as it is; I mainly wanted to bring these to attention because of the lower price and better case compatibility through reduced height. It's not quite as short as say a Scythe Fuma being a 140mm based heatsink, but the T6 should perform at least as well for a similar price and potentially lower noise level through the larger fan.

That being said, I wonder if Thermalright will use this TY-140 Plus instead of the TY-147 in their lower priced offerings in the future. It offers a higher maximum RPM, but a potentially cheaper bearing.

Quote: Originally Posted by doyll View Post
Thermalright now has 3 websites; thermalright.com, thermalright.de and now thermalright-china.com

Both Thermalright.com and Thermalright.de websites sell all the same products and show the Silver Arrow TR4 as having TY-143 fan, not TY-143B .. and both list size same as Silver Arrow IB-E at L154 mm x W103 mm x H163 mm. Thermalright-china.com has many different cooler combinations not listed on other Thermalright sites.

thermalright-china.com has the same web design as their Taiwan and English websites at least. The AXP-100 Full Copper was available on Chinese retailers and Taobao some time before being available in EU/NA, and looking through their list of currently available products I didn't see anything else new or missing from the English website aside from these two coolers. A 140mm dual tower heatsink at 50-60USD (compared to the TS140P) sounds like a pretty darn good deal since most of the dual towers at this price point are based on 120mm fans.

One more thing to add is that the included TIM is TF4 according to the storefront thumbnails on Taobao.

Iterated
(12 items)
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard
MSI B450M MORTAR
GPU
XFX RX 480 GTR
RAM
Team Group Vulcan
Hard Drive
Intel 660p
Power Supply
EVGA G2
Cooling
Phanteks PH-TC14PE (Black)
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG
Operating System
Win
Mouse
Logitech G703
Mousepad
SteelSeries QcK+
Other
be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140 High-Speed
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by Fullereneshift; 10-25-2018 at 01:51 PM.