Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Bloomberg] IBM to Acquire Linux Distributor Red Hat for $33.4 Billion

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 12:46 PM
b.walker36
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 152 (Unique: 129)
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperZan View Post
Right, and like I said I'm not rushing to judgement, but it's not as though IBM has a history of cleanly executing acquisitions and mergers. It's far too early state unequivocally that we won't see any effects at RH or with the Fedora project. I don't at all disagree with your reasons for why IBM pursued RH nor do I think they have any specific intentions to alter the enterprise and desktop distributions, but IBM has a history of flailing around like a drunken giant in the town square - RH could very well be what they need to finally stabilise, or it could suffer under IBM's questionable decision-making and experience some turbulence before being sold or spun off. We'll see what happens.
My company was acquired by IBM 2 years ago. I have to say I was very nervous at first but I think overall they did a really good job considering how small we were and how big they are. I was definitely surprised and 2 years later I'm still there.

Edit: Side note I'm super excited that I now get access to all this cool Red Hat stuff.

Quote:Originally Posted by Clinic http://static.overclock.net//img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its a benchmark thread...if you want pics go look on newegg. Thats what the cards look like. They didn't secretly send me orange ones.
Darkness
(17 items)
CPU
Motherboard
asus z97-ar
GPU
gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming
RAM
G-Skill Ripjaw
Hard Drive
WD Black
Hard Drive