Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Bloomberg] IBM to Acquire Linux Distributor Red Hat for $33.4 Billion

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 05:33 PM
Jarhead
Linux Evangelist

Rep: 185 (Unique: 147)
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...-support.12840

Quote:
During the Khronos Munich Meetup this weekend, Graham Wihlidal of EA's SEED (Search for Extraordinary Experiences Division) presented a talk about this exciting game engine. While it's somewhat surprising to see EA start to use Vulkan, it's even more surprising to see Linux actually being mentioned as a target platform:

SUSE was acquired earlier this year. Microsoft has been working on buying Canonical for years(just a matter of time). Microsoft has Azure, Google has Android, and now IBM has just bought it's way back to being the world's number one server company. Plus, EA is unveiling a game engine with Linux support baked in. From the outside looking in, it sure looks like the corporate world is buying it's way back into control when we were almost rid of them.

I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.

If it's not coming out for the PC, it's dead to me.