Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Morpheus II Vs. MK-26

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2018, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter
HeroofTime
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Well, what do you guys think? I really don't know. I found the following link that compares the two GPU coolers in what seems to be a very thorough and detailed test (more test details on next page too). I'm definitely set on getting 140mm fans though. I want my system to look absolutely bonkers with the amount of 140mm fans it'll be equipped with. I'm going to use the extra brackets and accessories my CPU cooler came with and throw on another PH-F140HP on my CPU cooler too just because.

https://www.pcaxe.com/hardver/hladje...pheus/strana-9

Quote: Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
The clips on the Morpheus are for 120mm fans, or fans with the same fan hole spacing. You could technically mount a one of those round frame 140mm fans. The cooler itself is like 250mm long, so a pair of 140mm fans will overhang more than a bit from all sides. Also, the way the cooler gets mounted on the card there is not much clearance to the motherboard. The 120mm Cougar Vortex fans I have on mine end up touching my motherboard's heatsink, preventing me from installing larger fans.

Both coolers should be comparable. If you really want to use large fans go with the MK-26. Keep in mind that even 2x120mm fans will be far better than the crappy stock fans on your GPU.
Please check out my photos below. If I go with the Morpheus II, do you think the 140mm fans will even clear my SATA interfaces and the chipset heat sink? Also, would the PH-F140HP fans only be hanging off one side of the Morpheus II, or can you center the two fans towards the center of the Morpheus II so it doesn't look as bad (so that it hangs off a bit on each side)?

@Advil000 I'll definitely take some pictures and show what I did to get it all assembled. That's if I can make the decision on one or the other!

PS: The cheapest I can find the MK-26 is for $40 total. The cheapest I can find the Morpheus II for is $68 total. If I'm stuck having to go with the MK-26, I wouldn't mind at all given the price difference even though it's slightly inferior to the Morpheus II according to the reviewer linked above. I've read some forum posts here from members that stated they're very close in performance anyways so I don't know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gpuclear2.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	349.8 KB
ID:	230290  

Click image for larger version

Name:	gpuclear.png
Views:	43
Size:	6.65 MB
ID:	230292  

AMD 1800X w/ Phanteks PH-TC14PE (3850MHz, 100MHz BCLK)
G.SKILL 3200MHz CL16 16GBx2 (3066MHz, 14-14-14-14-28-42-4-6-24-1T)
GIGABYTE GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC (2038MHz, 5940MHz)
ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero (BIOS v6301)

Last edited by HeroofTime; 11-09-2018 at 02:24 AM.