Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Recode] U.S. internet speeds rose nearly 40 percent this year

View Single Post
post #55 of (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 11:41 AM
The-Real-Link
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
I think as you said that more competition is finally making the companies finally move a bit. Here in suburban southeast MI, Comcast offered two more tiers of plans (something akin to Blast+) where it's 250/24, or 400/24 up for $10 more each, per plan per month respectively. So I think we're up to paying something like $80/mo., but this is a far better speed than the previous 100/12 I was getting. I could get faster download but don't see the point yet, or pay $30 extra a month for barely any more upload. But as someone who does tons of game recording / streaming, wedding work, and data sharing, upload is very important to me. Going from 12 up to 24 up is huge for me, but Comcast is still data-capping their gigabit plan and all other plans below it which is just stupid. Sure I could get business for like $130 a month, but take a speed hit back to 125/12 or something but lose the data cap. I've hit it a couple times easily. So it's just odd in that you can't win. *shakes head*

Meanwhile my friend in Pittsburgh is stuck on 100/12 and doesn't even get the intermediate options for some reason.

And then you still have the rest of the world offering amazing connections at pennies. Ah oh well.

Last edited by The-Real-Link; 12-18-2018 at 11:44 AM.