Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Recommendations for monitor upgrade

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
johnvosh
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote: Originally Posted by shilka View Post
Depends on what kind of games you play and if you want to pay for higher refresh rates, if you play strategy games there is zero reason to buy a 120 hz+ monitor
Do note that most 1080P monitors with high refresh rates uses TN panels and as said TN has very poor color accuracy compared to IPS

By the way that LG i showed has a 75 hz refresh rate AND it has AMD Freesync support
DVI by the way has been removed from all new Nvidia cards and AMD might remove it as well and monitors have started to remove them as well so DVI is dying
Some of the games I would be playing are Two Point Hospital, Command & Conquer 3, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, Planet Coaster, Caesar IV. Some games are my Steam wish list are Cliff Empire, Tropico 6, RimWorld

I don't think any of these would really need a super high refresh rate. I just want to play them with all the eye candy turned on on decent monitors.

I was looking on Newegg.ca for IPS monitors at 1080p 24" and there really aren't very many. I did find this one... https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...82E16824009720

Haswell
(17 items)
CPU
Intel Core i5 4670K
Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
GPU
Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2060 Gaming OC 6GB
RAM
Patriot Viper 3 Series, Black Mamba Edition
Hard Drive
Intel 520 Series, 240GB
Hard Drive
Western Digital Green 1 TB
Optical Drive
LG Blu-Ray burner
Power Supply
Corsair HX650
Cooling
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Case
NZXT Full Tower, White
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional
Monitor
BenQ G2420HD
Monitor
Acer S230HL
Monitor
Acer GN246HL
Keyboard
Logitech K350
Mouse
Logitech M510
Mousepad
Generic Blue mousepad
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by johnvosh; 12-21-2018 at 04:18 PM.