Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Acer Predator X34P - washed out graphics?!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 03:04 AM - Thread Starter
marshall123
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Acer Predator X34P - washed out graphics?!

Hello, I have just recently moved from the AOC U3477PQU to the Acer Predator x34p. So i fired it up for the first time, display settings are set to 3440 x 1440 at 110Hz, and jumped straight into a game (assassins creed odyssey). The game is essentially set to ultra across most graphic settings, but I immediately notice that the in-game graphics in general look very washed out, lacking any kind of texture detail. Everything just looks flat almost like a painting. It almost feels like im running at a low res except im not. Game settings are all where they need to be. I tried another game (black ops 4) and again the same thing, graphics just look bland and seem to lack much of the detail that i noticed on my previous monitor.

so.....as a test i moved back to my AOC monitor which runs at 3440 x 1440 at 60Hz and both games were back to looking pretty again!

I have messed around with the OSD settings modifying the gamma/contrast/brightness etc but this stuff has zero impact on the lack of texture detail that im seeing.

whats going on? is this just a thing with high refresh rate monitors vs standard 60hz monitors?

My other specs are as follows:

i5 8400
gigabyte 1080 gtx
16 gb crucial ballistix
windows 10