Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - EPDM O-Ring for KP Venom POT/DICE Working.

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 09:55 AM
Kryton
Head Smeghead of OCN

Rep: 181 (Unique: 131)
The O-Rings Richie sent fits perfectly, once the pot is in place it shoudn't have any issues sealing but an actual test needs to be done to confirm this.
However with his prior testing of the Venom pot and this being the same size where the O-ring itself is I don't forsee any problems beyond what Richie ran into.

However a matter of what boards you can use it for it another thing - I can already say you won't be using it with for example a Socket 775 REX, the socket area is just too small for it to sit on the CPU because it's too large of a footprint for some boards. In the case of a REX it would be sitting on the surrounding components (Caps) around the socket area of the board before it gets to sit on the CPU lid.

Took a few pics for reference to show just how massive the pot's base really is - You'd have to look and compare what you see to what you expect to use it with.

ATM I'm settng it up to run with an Ultra D board but had to relocate one of the caps to the backside of the board for this very reason but at least it will work that way. Mind you the pot itself is HEAVY and I'll have to set something underneath the socket area to help support it due to the weight of the pot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4531.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	705.5 KB
ID:	245116  

Name:	DSCF4533.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	686.3 KB
ID:	245118