Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*

View Single Post
post #9882 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:13 PM
DarthFK
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by PauliePeanuts View Post
Am I happy? Yeah definitely.. Getting to 4.5 was more than I thought i was going to do.. but you set me straight with a cheap fan that gets the job done.. now im here at 4.5 and everything seems stable... I don't think its worth trying to go higher than this..What I am trying to probe you for are the answers for why i shouldn't be happy.. Because my inexperience is making me ignorant to any further reasons not to be happy.
The way you formulated your question was understandably a case of probing my mind And I sm here to help, so, let's turn this a bit around - there is no reason to be unhappy with a very solid 4.5GHz result, obviously. And my question about alternatives is not a doubt in the previous way, but a statement that there is more than one way to achieve the same happyness aka OC Hence, outside of current overclocking "happyness" for your results the only remaining reasons to change something (again, change doesn't mean it's done because of the lack of happyness) is being curious and trying something new in CPU overclocking. Like taking the same mountain via a different route. I hope I answered this overclockers dream question and other questions that may arise from it ? Well, I think you're very good & pretty lucky with your CPU. That's why I am going to repeat, in other words, it's your decision to learn new ways in overclocking or stay with the current knowledge, results & maybe learn those sometimes later. Hence, again - enjoy ! 🙂

I am your father?
Workhorse
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-9700k
Motherboard
Asus Maximus X Hero WiFi
GPU
Powercolor Red Devil RX5700 (flashed with RX5700XT BIOS)
RAM
Adata XPG Spetrix D41 16Gb dual kit (2x8Gb) 3600c17 Samsung B-die.
Hard Drive
Crucial P1 NVMe 1Tb QLC
Power Supply
EVGA 850W P2
Cooling
Enermax Liqmax 240 II with 2 x Nidec GT2150rpm PWM
Case
Fractal Design Define C
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
AOC G2590FX 1080p 144Hz