Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*

View Single Post
post #9884 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 07:49 PM
DarthFK
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote: Originally Posted by PauliePeanuts View Post
Ok, I hear you. That was a good analogy... It's always good to learn more, and I did find the experience interesting and I definitely learned some stuff from you.. I mean part of me wants to take advantage of whatever there is to learn or what you're willing to teach,, its like free lessons.. I mean there is a difference between reading stuff, and opinions and someone there to answer questions..

On the other hand I feel like everything is working smooth.. why mess with it and create more windows errors and all that stuff.. I don't have the best luck in life.. my luck is pretty terrible actually... Sometimes i feel someone put a curse on me... This overclock went pretty well ... My computer didn't explode i didn't end up with a faulty chip... I didn't crack my motherboard in half trying to install that fan.. Plus we added about 60 new pages to this thread of you patiently walking me through.. You got me to a stable 4.5 and im pretty happy.. I think ive pestered you enough.. Maybe ill just conclude the OC as a success and enjoy it for awhile and pick things up again in the future.. maybe an issue will come up where i have to.. but for now im just actually enjoying a faster machine that is stable on a fresh windows , new ssd.. Soon i might even turn my cache writing back on! lol
Well, dude, I can very much relate to the feeling of having a curse... That's how I am feeling right now. Went to serious professional heights in my life and (very) few lows. Every time people wow at my credentials in my field at the highest level, then a few, not all, without even talking to me, start nitpicking at my bio. I even found a few scared once. I don't even pay attention to that. Between my former colleagues, 99.99% of them still reach out to me with respect and request for advise or opinion. I consult them and with them, and actually consult other people too now (you including ) For me every perceived "fall" is an opportunity to start new, to learn about whom I can trust, learn about various situations, new ways to approach matters - troubleshooting, dude I stand up, dust off and go up step by step. I am in a serious predicament for over a year, but I don't intend to let my hands down. And I'll get out of it, even if it takes lots of time. That's why I am good (enough ) at overclocking, if I fail, I try another approach, until I do it and I read and learn What a parallel, LOL I need to overclock my life

Life is a more complicated matter than OC, but your first OC of that 3570k was a clear success, nothing less. Now enjoy that, maybe a small, but pleasant success! Good luck in 2019!

I am your father?
Workhorse
(13 items)
CPU
Intel i7-9700k
Motherboard
Asus Maximus X Hero WiFi
GPU
Powercolor Red Devil RX5700 (flashed with RX5700XT BIOS)
RAM
Adata XPG Spetrix D41 16Gb dual kit (2x8Gb) 3600c17 Samsung B-die.
Hard Drive
Crucial P1 NVMe 1Tb QLC
Power Supply
EVGA 850W P2
Cooling
Enermax Liqmax 240 II with 2 x Nidec GT2150rpm PWM
Case
Fractal Design Define C
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro x64
Monitor
AOC G2590FX 1080p 144Hz
Keyboard
CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 RAPIDFIRE Low Profile
Mouse
Pictek Gaming Mouse 7200dpi
Mousepad
Corsair MM300 XL
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by DarthFK; 01-11-2019 at 07:52 PM.