Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - * The "Official" Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R/UD5/UD7/UD9 Owner's Club *

View Single Post
post #3884 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 10:42 PM
chungsteroonie
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Memory Overclock help needed

Hello,

I just put together a GA-X58A-UD5 (rev. 2.0) build with an intel X5680 CPU at 4.4Ghz with ff3 bios on the motherboard. I am having a really hard time getting the memory to work "normally". I am using 3x8GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 rated at 1860Mhz and cannot for the life of me get it to run any faster than 1400Mhz at 8 8 8 24. I just pulled the RAM kit out of another X58 system (Asus P6X58D-E) running smoothly at 1950Mhz. I have the VTT pushed all the way out to 1.331V and do not want to make the next jump to 1.355V as that seems to be the tipping point for damage from what I read.

I am not an expert on memory settings and have only adjusted the primary 4 timings. The rest of the options are "auto" except for 1T command rate selected manually. Is there something else I should be looking at? Or are these boards just plain sensitive to memory types. I don't think I'm going for anything really crazy.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.