Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Need mobo direction for new build 9700K or maybe 9900K

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter
flyinion
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by jfriend00 View Post
I'm an ASRock guy (3rd ASRock mobo in a row) so I don't know the Asus line. I like my ASRock Z390 Taichi so far if you're not doing heavy duty memory overclocking.
Thanks I'll take a look at them. Honestly the Asus I'm using with my 4790K is the first one I've used since the early 2000's when I was on AMD stuff. I moved to an NForce board from EVGA after that for my last AMD build, and then a P55 from them for my first Intel build and then they had some QC/design issues around 2014 when I was building the 4790K and everyone was telling me Asus, Gigabyte, and ASRock. Asus just happened to fit the requirements I had at the time of built in wifi AND a headphone amp built in for high impedance headphones.

On a side note, I just looked at RAM prices. Wow that was some sticker shock! I was thinking I'd do 32GB instead of 16 this time around but uh, yeah, not too sure about that now.

The Devil's Canyon
(17 items)
CPU
Intel 4790K
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Formula
GPU
EVGA GTX1070 SC Black
RAM
GSkill DDR3-2133
Hard Drive
WD2002FAEX