Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - Nvidia Will Support Adaptive Sync (Freesync)!

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 07:37 AM
writer21
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Quote: Originally Posted by HiCZoK View Post
Anyone tested new ASUS VG279Q ?
Yep and I will probably return it unless they can fix the drivers. All things considered the monitor is very good. Picture quality is very good after calibration, colors are vibrant, contrast is better than my XB271HU Gsync monitor.

1080 @ 27 inches is noticeable but a lot smoother for fast paced shooting games.

Now as far as gsync compatible. Yes it works but I've been experiencing lock ups or my whole system seems to freeze. Doesn't happen on my Acer Gsync monitor. So for now I've stopped using the monitor until hotfix drivers are released. The panel handles motion blur as well the Acer but the Acer is 1440p which just looks better and helps with spotting enemies even with lower fps.

I was also looking forward to the ELMB mode (ULMB equivalent) with the IPS colors. The panel looks good with ELMB mode as far as colors, brightness and contrast. But there is way too much ghosting. Compared to Nvidia's ULMB it is horrible.

So like I said before I'm leaning on returning the monitor for something that can handle Low motion blur mode better. But if you don't need that mode the panel looks pretty good and gsync compatible drivers was smooth when it works. I also see scan lines sometimes. Not during gaming but mostly on the desktop.

Hope this helps.