Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - ROG Crosshair VII overclocking thread

View Single Post
post #5393 of (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 11:38 AM
nick name
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 9)
Quote: Originally Posted by crakej View Post
Excellent - Fractal moves to the top of the list then..... Love the way you've set it up. I do look at it thinking I need a bank of fans blowing down on the board and RAM. Makes perfect sense when we have all that room! Cooling is paramount on this board!
I haven't tried the cooler with its stock 2000 RPM fans. The specs of the fans seem pretty good, but they're white and not my thing. On a Thermaltake Core P3 they stick out like a sore thumb. When I got the cooler I immediately started with the fans you see in my signature which I moved over from my previous Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 AIO. Found 'em brand new and dirt cheap on eBay from a seller that was pulling them off new Corsair coolers. My guess is those coolers were going to a mining operation. Now I'm using 3000 RPM Noctuas @ 1500 RPM. Honestly, I'm not sure it was the wisest choice to spend money on the Noctuas when considering the performance I already had, but they do look cooler.

AMD Ryzen 2700X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  | G.SKILL TridentZ 3636MHz @ 14-15-14-28 2x8GB  | EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3  | Thermaltake Core P3 Case |