Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [OCN LABS] Is Z390 better than Z370? Ft. AsRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 9

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
bluedevil
I TeK things...

Quote: Originally Posted by zhandri View Post
" with Intel 9th gen CPUs costing more than ever before, saving a cool $100 is almost a no brainer."

wrong. there's actually a pretty big difference between the phantom 6 and phantom 9's power delivery. if you wanna get the 9900k and OC it, this actually makes a huge difference.

So what's the difference?

Funny you tell me that, but when I did this review I found this.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/13407...ard-analyzed/6

Quote: Originally Posted by Anandtech
"Along the bottom of the board is an LED debug and ASRock advertises the board as having a 12-phase power delivery with an 8-pin and 4-pin 12 V ATX CPU set of power inputs which is mirrored from the Gaming 9; the board looks to be the same PCB, but with different componentry.

Furthermore,

Quote: Originally Posted by Anandtech
"For the Z390 Phantom Gaming 6, ASRock has dropped one of the three LAN ports (Phantom Gaming 9) and equipped this board with two which consist of an Intel I211AT Gigabit and better grade Realtek RTL8125AG 2.5G LAN. The Phantom Gaming 6 also drops Wi-Fi support and some of the rear panel USB 3.1 Gen2 ports with a total of two composed of a Type-A and Type-C port; rounding off the USB is three USB 3.0 Type-A ports. A Realtek ALC1220 HD audio codec is included which offers five 3.5mm audio jacks and a single S/PDIF optical output and a trio of video outputs comprised of an HDMI, D-sub and DisplayPort."

Last edited by bluedevil; 02-09-2019 at 06:36 AM.