Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community - View Single Post - [Phoronix]AMD Radeon VII Linux Benchmarks - Powerful Open-Source Graphics For Compute & Gaming

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter
Jarhead
Linux Evangelist
Jarhead is an unknown quantity at this point Jarhead is an unknown quantity at this point

[Phoronix]AMD Radeon VII Linux Benchmarks - Powerful Open-Source Graphics For Compute & Gaming

AMD Radeon VII Linux Benchmarks - Powerful Open-Source Graphics For Compute & Gaming

Quote:
With the OpenGL games tested, the Radeon VII was able to outperform the GeForce RTX 2080 in many instances. With Vulkan games when using the Mesa 19.0 RADV driver, the performance of the Radeon VII competed with the RTX 2080 too but in some games came in lower albeit still generally above the RTX 2070. The slightly less competitive Vulkan performance may be due using RADV as the more common but less official AMD Vulkan Linux driver. I'll be posting some AMDVLK tests in the coming days for looking at the performance there.

When it came to the OpenCL compute performance, the Radeon VII performed very well paired with the ROCm 2.0 release. The OpenCL performance was great and generally ahead of the NVIDIA RTX 2080 OpenCL Linux performance.
This is a Blender card that also plays games. The 2080 is the other way around. Buy accordingly.

The Performance Benefits To Running AMD's Radeon VII With Linux 5.0 + Mesa 19.0

I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway.

If it's not coming out for the PC, it's dead to me.